SATURDAY + SUNDAY
AUGUST 19TH & 20TH
The First Call Intensive takes place in Hollywood at Silver Layne Studios on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM. You will be working and getting on tape multiple times every class, getting individual feedback and you'll receive a downloadable link of your auditions where you can see how you progressed.
The Weekend First Call Intensive is ideal for commercial actors looking to master the first call and generate more callbacks . Taking the in-studio First Call Intensive is the best way to become comfortable auditioning commercials and putting yourself in a position to book. Over the course of the weekend I will demystify the commercial audition experience and give you a comprehensive overview of what takes place and how to master the little things we have control of. I'll walk you through the steps of the audition by creating a real audition and give you the experience of what it's like to be behind the camera so you can understand what directors and clients are looking for when they're making their decision.
First Call Intensive attendees are eligible for the Refresh & Repeat program. Once you have taken this intensive, you may re-take it at any time for 1/2 price! Simply select Refresh & Repeat from the drop down menu. Limited to three actors per class.
SATURDAY + SUNDAY
SEPTEMBER 16TH & 17TH
The Weekend Callback Intensive is held at Silver Layne Studios in Hollywood on Saturday and Sunday from 11AM-4:30PM. You will be working and getting on tape multiple times both days and will end with a downloadable link of your auditions where you can see how you progressed. In addition to that I will create a link of your final auditions available to casting directors so they can see just how great you are.
The Weekend Callback Intensvie is best for actors with agents who feel are getting commercial callbacks but feel like they can't be their best selves for the callback. Taking the in-studio Weekend Callback Intensive is the best way to become comfortable with the commercial callback room and learn to book. This seminar is specific to the commercial callback experience. Over the course of the weekend I will walk you through the steps of the callback, give you the who's-who in the room, how best to handle yourself and the best approach to dealing with nerves, the unexpected and all the other things specific to the CB experience.
Call Back Intensive attendees are eligible for the Refresh & Repeat program. Once you have taken this intensive, you may re-take it at any time for 1/2 price! Simply select Refresh & Repeat from the drop down menu. Limited to three actors per class.
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Improv is THE most requested skill set directors and agency when looking for actors for commercials. Knowing how to showcase your ability to improvise in the commercial world in the audition room is very often the difference between who books and who doesn't. Knowing what, how and when to improvise is the key to being good at it. This 1 Day intensive is co-taught by Second City instructors and busy commercial actors Rob Belushi and Tim Stoltenberg.
Improv Intensive attendees are eligible for the Refresh & Repeat program. Once you have taken this intensive, you may re-take it at any time for 1/2 price! Simply select Refresh & Repeat from the drop down menu. Limited to three actors per class.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- DIRECT FEEDBACK: My goal is to give each of you individual and direct feedback about your strengths and areas for growth.
- PROCESS AWARENESS: By the end, you'll have an understanding of what you control and what you don't, creating a recipe for the consistency that creates a booking actor.
- A SOLID SLATE: You'll know to smile or not to smile...and what jokes you should never make...a clean confident slate is where a great audition starts.
- DELIVERING COPY: Short copy, long copy, funny copy, no copy and cold copy. You'll walk out knowing how to prepare and deliver.
- REPEATED ON-CAMERA WORK: Using your performance and my equipment you'll be able to watch yourself progress over the course of the seminar.
- HANDLING PRODUCT: You'll learn how to create a positive experience with the product whether your handling it, standing beside it or whether you ARE it!
- MARKETING: Don't send postcards, just don't - and other tips on the best way to spend your time, money and energy promoting yourself.
- IMPROV FOR COMMERCIALS: You'll learn how improv for a commercial audition is different than regular improv and when (always) and how (skillfully) to use it.