YESSS!!! YOU'RE GENEROUS!
GIVE AN UPCOMING SEMINAR TO A LOVED ONE FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
A Lawless Seminar or one-on-one coaching is an ideal gift for friends and family members who are determined to learn and grow their craft. I teach seminars for commercial actors looking to get to booking commercials. My class is different than most in that it's held all in one weekend in a working commercial casting facility and taught by a working actor AND session director who also owns the business (myself). My goal is to incorporate all of the latest trends and developments in this shifting industry. Taking an in-studio weekend Seminar is the best way to become comfortable auditioning commercials and putting yourself in a position to book. Over the course of the weekend I will demystify the commercial audition experience and give my actors a comprehensive overview of what takes place and how to master the little things we have control of. I'll walk through the steps of the audition by creating a real audition and share the experience of what it's like to be behind the camera in order to understand what directors and clients are looking for when they're making their decision.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- THE PROCESS: By the end, you'll have a complete understanding of how the casting process works from start to finish. The who's who and the what's what of it all.
- SLATING: You'll know to smile or not to smile...and what jokes you should never make...a clean confident slate is where a great audition starts.
- DELIVERING COPY: Short copy, long copy, funny copy, no copy and cold copy. You'll walk out knowing how to prepare and deliver.
- IMPROV FOR COMMERCIALS: You'll learn how improv for a commercial audition is different than regular improv and when (always) and how (skillfully) to use it. Knowing how to use Improv commercially is one of the biggest keys to booking jobs.
- HANDLING PRODUCT: You'll learn how to handle and present the products you're advertising without looking like a complete idiot. This is what it's all about after all.
- MARKETING: Don't send postcards, just don't - and other tips on the best way to spend your time, money and energy promoting yourself.
- PROGRESS: Using your performance and my equipment you'll be able to watch yourself progress over the course of the seminar.
- CASTING DIRECTOR/TALENT AGENT DATABASE: Everyone who takes my seminar is added to my personal online database of actors I've worked with which I share with casting directors and talent agents looking for new talent.