JUN 30TH + JUL 1ST
SATURDAY + SUNDAY
The First Call Intensive takes place in Hollywood at Silver Layne Studios on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM. You will be working and getting on tape multiple times every class, getting individual feedback and you'll receive a downloadable link of your auditions where you can see how you progressed.
The Weekend First Call Intensive is ideal for commercial actors looking to master the first call and generate more callbacks . Taking the in-studio First Call Intensive is the best way to become comfortable auditioning commercials and putting yourself in a position to book. Over the course of the weekend I will demystify the commercial audition experience and give you a comprehensive overview of what takes place and how to master the little things we have control of. I'll walk you through the steps of the audition by creating a real audition and give you the experience of what it's like to be behind the camera so you can understand what directors and clients are looking for when they're making their decision.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- DIRECT FEEDBACK: My goal is to give each of you individual and direct feedback about your strengths and areas for growth.
- PROCESS AWARENESS: By the end, you'll have an understanding of what you control and what you don't, creating a recipe for the consistency that creates a booking actor.
- A SOLID SLATE: You'll know to smile or not to smile...and what jokes you should never make...a clean confident slate is where a great audition starts.
- DELIVERING COPY: Short copy, long copy, funny copy, no copy and cold copy. You'll walk out knowing how to prepare and deliver.
- IMPROV FOR COMMERCIALS: You'll learn how improv for a commercial audition is different than regular improv and when (always) and how (skillfully) to use it.
- REPEATED ON-CAMERA WORK: Using your performance and my equipment you'll be able to watch yourself progress over the course of the seminar.
- HANDLING PRODUCT: You'll learn how to create a positive experience with the product whether your handling it, standing beside it or whether you ARE it!
- MARKETING: Don't send postcards, just don't - and other tips on the best way to spend your time, money and energy promoting yourself.
- CASTING DIRECTOR/TALENT AGENT DATABASE: Everyone who takes my seminar is added to my personal online database of actors I've worked with which I share with casting directors and talent agents looking for new talent.