CALL BACK SEMINAR
WEDNESDAYS IN NOVEMBER
The weekly Callback Seminar is best for actors with agents who feel are getting commercial callbacks but feel like they can't be their best selves for the callback. Taking the in-studio Weekend Callback Seminar is the best way to become comfortable with the commercial callback room and learn to book. This seminar is specific to the commercial callback experience. Over the course of the weekend I will walk you through the steps of the callback, give you the who's-who in the room, how best to handle yourself and the best approach to dealing with nerves, the unexpected and all the other things specific to the CB experience.
You will be working and getting on tape every class and will end with a downloadable link of your auditions where you can see how you progressed. In addition to that I will create a link of your final auditions available to casting directors so they can see just how great you are.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- THE PROCESS: By the end, you'll have a complete understanding of how the casting process works from start to finish. The who's who and the what's what of it all.
- SLATING: You'll know to smile or not to smile...and what jokes you should never make...a clean confident slate is where a great audition starts.
- DELIVERING COPY: Short copy, long copy, funny copy, no copy and cold copy. You'll walk out knowing how to prepare and deliver.
- IMPROV FOR COMMERCIALS: You'll learn how improv for a commercial audition is different than regular improv and when (always) and how (skillfully) to use it. Knowing how to use Improv commercially is one of the biggest keys to booking jobs.
- HANDLING PRODUCT: You'll learn how to handle and present the products you're advertising without looking like a complete idiot. This is what it's all about after all.
- CALLBACKS: Who's that guy talking to you? Who are those people typing in their laptops? You'll learn how you should adjust to have the callback that makes the difference.
- MARKETING: Don't send postcards, just don't - and other tips on the best way to spend your time, money and energy promoting yourself.
- PROGRESS: Using your performance and my equipment you'll be able to watch yourself progress over the course of the seminar.
- CASTING DIRECTOR/TALENT AGENT DATABASE: Everyone who takes my seminar is added to my personal online database of actors I've worked with which I share with casting directors and talent agents looking for new talent.